BRUSHING YOUR TEETH: Improve your Technique
Following the below tips can help you maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Did you know that brushing three times a day is ideal? Brush once after every meal, but wait an hour after the meal, as brushing too soon may cause damage to the enamel on your teeth.
- Thoroughly brush your teeth for 3 minutes and don’t forget to floss daily.
- When you brush along your gum line, angle your toothbrush toward your gums.
- Do not be too rough. You can damage your gums.
- The toothpaste you choose is important. Use a fluoride toothpaste, because it helps combat tooth decay.
- Remember, our teeth have many surfaces. Don’t just brush the front. Make sure to clean every surface that surrounds your teeth.
- Do not stop at your teeth. Make sure to brush your tongue, as it collects bacteria that can cause bad breath.
- Do not forget to rinse your toothbrush after you use it.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Drink plenty of water and limit the in-between meal snacks.
- See your dentist regularly.