Porcelain Veneers: An Overview
One reason many people choose our Severna Park dental office for their complete dentistry needs is that there is no need to seek out a specialist for cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Morgan and Dr. Zare are experienced and highly trained, offering high-quality porcelain veneers in Severna Park to deliver beautiful, natural-looking results.
We can select from a variety of materials for dental veneers from porcelain veneers to resin veneers. Whether you want a subtle change or dramatic transformation, we have the treatment option that is right for you. Achieve the smile of your dreams with a personalized smile makeover using dental veneers.
Porcelain veneers are designed to address many common cosmetic and restorative dental concerns:
- Mild orthodontic issues
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Enhance the overall appearance of your smile
- Cracked or broken teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
Choosing the right type of veneer will depend on what your cosmetic goals are. There are several types of dental veneers to choose from:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth-colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation of the tooth.
- A Lumineer is a type of dental veneer. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can often be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; the dentist can help you decide if they are right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stained-resistant and have similar light-reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.
Composite Resin Veneers
Compared to traditional porcelain veneers, composite resin veneers do not need as much preparation. Composite veneers can also be a more economical option for patients, although they may not be as durable as porcelain veneers. Patients who want to make subtle changes to their smile benefit from composite resin veneers because they offer an efficient way to transform the smile with minimal preparation.
Porcelain Veneers: What to Expect
About the Porcelain Veneer Procedure
In most cases, the porcelain veneer procedure will require two or three office visits. To begin, our dentists will gently shape the teeth to prepare them for the veneers. A tiny amount of tooth structure is removed to accommodate the veneers in the mouth. For this reason, porcelain veneers are irreversible.
Next, we will take an impression of the teeth and fit you for temporary veneers. The porcelain veneers are fabricated in a dental laboratory by highly skilled ceramists. In approximately 2 to 3 weeks, you will return for the delivery of new porcelain veneers, which will be bonded to the teeth.
The goal is to create a smile that is designed to meet your cosmetic goals. Our team of dentists can work with you to enhance your natural smile.